Monday, October 23, 2006

Tagged for Four

OK, here we go:

Four jobs I've had
Dishwasher in my parents' restaurant
Maid in a motel (very educational for a 16-year-old)
Assistant to the West District Clerk, National Park Service, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming (junior secretary)
LYS clerk (lasted only 7 days)

Four movies I can watch over and over

Ladyhawke
The Deep
Backdraft
Silverado

Four places I have lived
Cape Girardeau, Missouri
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Denver, Colorado

Four TV shows I love to watch
Rosemary & Thyme (BBC mystery)
Digging for the Truth (History Channel)
Any of the CSI and Law & Order shows
Stargate SG-1

Four places I have been on vacation
Ixtapa/ Zihuatenejo, Mexico
Jackson Hole, Wyoming (February)
Mesa Verde, Colorado
Various lavender farms in Sequim, Washington
Kauai, Hawaii

Four of my favorite foods
Tuna salad sandwiches
Old-fashioned cooked oatmeal with raisins
The chicken dijon pasta at a local restaurant, Sisley's
My DH's mother's recipe for whole-cranberry sweet bread

Four websites I visit daily
Elann.com
Cute Overload
Yarn Harlot
The Moggyblog

Four places I'd rather be right now
With my DH at Desert Sands Resort in Phoenix
Visiting with my cousins M & S
Salt Spring Island/Vancouver, BC, or anywhere else, visiting with one of my knitting friends
Any botanical garden

6 comments:

smariek said...

Where do you find Rosemary & Thyme? Sounds interesting.

junior_goddess said...

Hey Barbara-can you grow lavendar in SoCal? My DH hates it because he says it's like a weed---and it is. It does great here, it should do well for you. Just buy a few little pre-started plants.

jayne said...

Your trip sounded great. I love people watching in airports too (and everywhere else).

I'd rather be knitting with friends too.

CatBookMom said...

JG, we had a lot of different varieties of lavender in the yard, but we lost nearly all of them this summer in the mega-heat wave. I'm going to replant, since I love harvesting my own.

The lavender festival in Sequim is every July. Those lavender fields were so beautiful I sat right down and cried happy tears.

Grace said...

Back in the day Tom and I had an herb farm we grew 109 different varieties of herbs, its the hardest part about being apartment bound

Anonymous said...

I too am addicted to Cute Overload!