Saturday, November 25, 2006

Lap Quilts, Anyone??

Our charity boutique was financially successful, since we raised $900. But since our group has grown a lot in size, we had a lot of nice items left over. In particular, we had several of M&M's (mother and daughter) lovely lap quilts unsold. I picked out the four prettiest, and, since several of my loyal readers commented on the rock-bottom prices, I thought some of you might like to buy these. The cost of the quilts will go to our group funds, which we donate to various local causes which can't use our handmade items. $500 of our boutique funds immediately went to one of the local Catholic churches for their Thanksgiving feast for the hungry. We also donate to a group which provides financial assistance to elderly people who need a bit of help, called the Burbank Temporary Aid Center.

The price for these lap quilts is $15US. In the US, the shipping on the quilt would be $5-$6, depending on your distance from SoCal. They fit in the flat Priority Mail boxes, and weight just under 2 lbs. In Canada, I'd have to figure separately via the post office scales, since it won'tl fit in the Global Priority Mail flat rate envelope.

The lap quilts are made from cotton fabrics with cotton batting inside. These are not quilted per se, but they have pieced tops and plain coordinating backs. They are approximately 3ft x 5ft. Care would be machine wash in warm water, dry at medium to low heat.

The two pink and green quilts have the same pink-figured fabrics, though the lighter colored one has a pale green and white added to the blocks and has the solid pink reverse.

The peach quilt has a seersucker reverse, and the peach fabric on the pieced side has
a slubbed weave.

I've included 2 photos of the deep green and pinks quilt, since it is made
a bit more elaborately, with the blocks being framed with white and a narrow dark green insert, matching the dark green reverse.

Remember, you can click on the photos to see a larger view.

If you are interested in buying one of these, and if I have your email, leave me a message in the comments. If you don't think I have your email, please spell it out and I'll translate it. There's also an email link in my October posts; I recently changed one thing in the bottom section of each post and lost the email link somehow.

2 comments:

Grace said...

i would love one Barbara, anyone at all, your choice!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm in! I'd love to buy either the first or second one pictured. And your lace looks beautiful - what pattern is it? I'm up to my eyeballs in Christmas knitting, but come the New Year, I'm going to do FUN STUFF FOR ME.