Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Yarn Sale Survivor

This was a very busy week: Lots of errands (Mom's laundry, taking de-stashed paperback books to the library for their October sale, prescriptions to pick up, etc.), lunch with my good friend Fran (from 'my' seniors' charity group), SnB on Monday with Marie and Madge, SnB on Friday night at Unwind with Deb and Mary Ellen, and so on.

The biggest part was getting the last sorting and pricing done for the yarns I was taking to the Giant Crafty Sale at Marie's. On Thursday, Madge and I went over to help with the setting up and met Marie, Mary and a couple of Marie's DDs. Thanks to all gods that Mary and Marie's DDs contributed the use of their canopies; otherwise we'd have been a puddled mass of knitters and yarns in the 80F heat. Marie and Ellen have posted great photos of the set-up and the event, so check out their blogs.

We sold a LOT of yarn, scrapbooking and quilting stuff. And we made a fair bit of money, over $650. I pretty much broke even, spending my earnings on yarns for me and some for the seniors' group, including the 'yarn skeins bigger than our heads' for the seniors. For me, I swapped some long-marinated Koigu for some beautiful lavender Laines du Nord Cashsilk(50% fine merino, 25% cashmere, 25% silk), snared a man's sweater's-worth of pale grey/white Austermann Peru (70% baby alpaca/30% merino), and some other little bits and pieces. Here are pix of my bigger treats:

And BTW, if the pictures at Marie's blog of me look tired, it's true. The pictures on Marie's blog are from 8:30am on Saturday. Getting to her house at that hour meant leaving Chez CBM before 7:30am, which meant getting up at oh-dark hundred. I *don't* do well at being places early, especially not on weekends!!

We closed up the sale and were on the way home by 4:30pm, leaving a pile of boxes of leftovers to be taken to various charities, including Stitches from the Heart's charity LYS in West LA.

I sold over $150 from my Ravelry stash, and I have a lot of yarns still available to sell; check them out! If you need pictures, I'll put them up; at the moment, I really don't want to look at more yarn, even the most lovable cashmere.

Just for fun, here's a new quiz: Chocolate Cake is good, yes??

You Are a Chocolate Cake

Fun, comforting, and friendly.
You are a true classic, and while you're not super cutting edge, you're high quality.
People love your company - and have even been known to get addicted to you.

1 comment:

Grace said...

If i knew you were destashing Koigu I would have been knocking on your door,

Chocolate cake is my favorite, check my blog to see the one my DD made for me today for my birthday, and it was as delicious as it looked!!