Saturday, August 30, 2008

Let Us Be Thankful


DH goes to the local farmers' market early every Saturday, to get the best selections. The last few weeks I've been musing about the gorgeous fruit and vegetables that he brings home. Today's is typical of the beauty and variety of the fresh food we enjoy. I know this isn't Thanksgiving, it's Labor Day. But it is the labor of our farmers that provide this, and I am thankful for it. I hope you, too, have a farmers' market nearby and have a chance to appreciate the goodness.

3 comments:

Bobbisox said...

I had to tell you I love your kitty, I love black cats, they seem so much more loveable.
Also, I hope you try to grow some things like tomatoes as it is even more fun then going to the farmers markets, which I love to do too, as we can't grow much in our small yard but we have the best heirloom tomatoes this year and they are producing like they know we need them badly to dry and can them LOL. Also, yesterday besides tomatoes, my husband picked a bunch of the asian eggplants (we love Thai food) and cucumbers, peppers, tons of Thai basil (we love Thai food; we found a place in San Pedro that had the best Thai food ever) but when I was single and could only use containers whereever I lived, I always grew tomatoes and peppers. You have our climate we can grow things most of the year. I was looking to see if you did that pineapple shawl I am ordering the yarn today to do it.

smariek said...

I miss going to the farmers market at the Ferry Building in SF, it was just across the street from the Embarcadero Center buildings where I used to work. There's nothing like fresh local grown or organic produce/foods.

Joan said...

Yum, I'd be grateful!