Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Interlude with Frogging and Painkillers

Yesterday something reached out and dropped a lot of fatigue and a large amount of headache on me.

I've been knitting on a nearly-mindless garter stitch baby sweater and almost had it done last night. I sewed up one seam, discovered a bad spot, tried to take it out and clipped part of the garment instead of the seam. Frogging happened. True ripping happened. Swearing, too.

I woke up several times last night with blinding headaches, though they seem a bit smaller in daylight. But I have to do laundry today: my mother may be lying in bed in hospital gowns at the nursing home if I don't send clean clothes.

This may be all for a day or two. Just knit and talk among yourselves.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain. That really sucks! And sorry to hear about the sweater!

Madge said...

Oh dear! Hope you're over your head pain soon soon soon.

And I cannot even speak of the sweater mishap...oh, the horror....

jayne said...

Oh sad...to hear that you are in pain (and detail drudgery)...and the sweater. Hope things look up soon.

Grace said...

hopefully today will make everything brighter for you!!

junior_goddess said...

Poop. Any good birthday activities?

jillian said...

Oh icky! Hope today is better!

Cindy G said...

Hope your head is better today, and that your birthday is a good one. Have as much fun as you can.

LisaW. said...

sorry you are not feeling well. hope you had a happy birthday anyways! thinking of you.

smariek said...

Sorry to hear you are in pain, I hope you feel better soon.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a tripendicular day.

I'm off to check out the zafu...